The future data storage standard for production and post production workflows has arrived!
Speed. Security. Savings. The holy trinity of data storage requirements in production to lab workflow is transformed by the OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System and its application for the OWC Mercury Helios 3S. By combining a locking drive bay and removable tray, the OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System turns the Mercury Helios 3S PCIe Expansion chassis into a time and money-saving swappable U.2 NVMe SSD storage solution for high-performance film production requirements.
Over 6X Faster SSD Performance
The “e” in U.2 NVMe SSDs stands for express…as in PCI Express. It’s a more direct and optimized path to a computer’s processor for the fastest data connection possible. While SATA is the most common consumer-grade SSD connection with up to 6Gb/s transfer rates, U.2 NVMe SSDs are designed to take advantage of the direct connection PCIe technology offers to achieve rates up to 40Gb/s…over 6X faster performance! It’s no wonder U.2 NVMe SSD use began in the enterprise and server market where ROI is defined in nanoseconds and ensuring reliability is paramount.
Now you can rapidly checksum, data transfer, and transcode the day’s shoot into the OWC Mercury Helios 3S, quickly pull the Interchange System tray mounted U.2 NVMe SSD out and send it on to postproduction. Imagine…no more tedious and time-consuming drive enclosure disassembly to access a storage drive and install a new drive.
Save Time and Money While Securing Data
For over three decades, OWC has listened to its customers and created innovative solutions that solved their data storage challenges. The OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System for Helios 3S continues that rich history with an integrated solution that saves M&E industry professionals time and money while safeguarding their data in three easy setup steps.
- Step 1: Disconnect Thunderbolt 3 cable, loosen enclosure thumbscrews, and install drive bay into Helios 3S’s PCIe slot.
- Step 2: Mount NVMe SSD up to 16TB capacity to the drive tray.
- Step 3: Slide and lock tray into drive bay to secure your data and reconnect Thunderbolt 3 cable.
Need to get that drive to post production on a tight deadline with an equally tight project budget? Just pull the Interchange System drive tray out of the drive bay and ship it to enjoy significant cost savings over shipping a heavy enclosure. Then just swap in another drive with an additional tray (sold separately) to keep your data and projects flowing smoothly and securely.
- (1) OWC Mercury Helios 3S
- (1) Thunderbolt cable
- (1) External Power Supply
- (1) Power Cable
- (1) OWC Mercury Helios 3S User Guide
- (1) OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System Drive Bay Insert
- (1) OWC U.2 Drive Carrier Tray
- (2) Keys
- (1) Printed Quick Start Guide
- (1) Installation Guide (download only)
- 2 Year OWC Limited Warranty
OWC U.2 NVMe Interchange System for Mercury Helios 3S
- PCI Express 3.1
Mac OS Compatibility
- macOS 10.14 Mojave
PC OS Compatibility
- Windows 11
- Windows 10 64-bit Edition
- Windows 10 32-bit Edition
- macOS 10.14.5 or later is required.
- Height: 12.0 cm (4.7 in)
- Length: 18.3 cm (7.2 in)
- Width: 4.5 cm (1.8 in)
- 668.0 g (1.47 lbs)
- Operating: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
- Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
- Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
OWC Mercury Helios 3S Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Expansion Solution
- Thunderbolt 2/Thunderbolt compatibility requires a certified Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 (mDP) adapter and a Thunderbolt 2 cable (available separately). This configuration provides data transfer at up to 20Gb/s but does not support notebook charging.
- OWC Mercury Helios 3S can deliver up to 85W of power for charging via host port.
- If the PCIe card installed uses more than 25W of power, plug in the power adapter to your host.
- Full DisplayPort 1.4 capabilities including 8K resolution depends on host computer support of DisplayPort 1.4 specification through its Thunderbolt 3 connection, host computer GPU capabilities, and connecting cable capabilities.